This page include the latest version of the ResponsiveVoice WordPress plugin changelog.
- Improved fallback handling.
- Align version with main ResponsiveVoice library to provide more precise support.
- Fix bug causing some paragraphs to be skipped in very long texts.
- Improved HTML5 audio stability.
- Improved HTML5 audio and TTS initialization on iOs and Android.
- Fixed support for HTML5 audio on Android.
- Added 54 Microsoft Edge native voices.
- Improved native voice matching.
- Improved Split sentences.
- Improved Decimal places interpreted as pause.
- Fixed Taiwan native voice priority.
- Use new iOS10 voices when available for native TTS.
- Use Edge non-English voices for native TTS.
- Improved time estimation algorithm.
- Fixed overlap issue on Android fallback mode.
- Improve support of non-latin character voices.
- Deprecated voice: Arabic Male – Updated to Arabic Female.
- Deprecated voice: Danish Male (no longer supported, mapped to female).
- Deprecated voice: Finnish Male (no longer supported, mapped to female).
- Deprecated voice: Greek Male (no longer supported, mapped to female).
- Deprecated voice: Latin Male (no longer supported, mapped to female).
- Deprecated voice: Slovak Male (no longer supported, mapped to female).
- Deprecated voice: Swedish Male (no longer supported, mapped to female).
- Deprecated voice: Vietnamese Male (no longer supported, mapped to female).
- Minor bugfixes and stability improvements.
- Add buttonposition parameter to tag.
- Buttons can now be styled through the responsivevoice-button class.
- Update compatibility with latest WordPress release.
- Load ResponsiveVoice through HTTPS.
- Position ResponsiveVoice button to before paragraph instead of after.
- Updated compatibility with WordPress releases.
- Releases will now be properly tagged, tags can be found in the “tags” section as usual.
- Added responsivevoice.css and responsivevoice-includes.php.
- FIX: apostrophes, quotation marks, &, <, >, non-breaking spaces and en dashes will no longer be converted to ASCII codes.
- Removed ResponsiveVoice icon from buttons, now the speaker emoji is displayed instead.
- FIX: Text in the button should not wrap around anymore.
- FIX: multiple instances of ResponsiveVoice buttons now work on the same page.
- FIX: centered vertical alignment of the ResponsiveVoice logo in buttons.
- FEATURE: added the possibility to only speak a piece of text. Just surround it with [[responsivevoice]]. Its parameters are voice and buttontext, like with [responsivevoice_button].
- FIX: Text in [responsivevoice_button] won’t wrap anymore.
- Added FAQ and Support links to the plugin’s action row in WordPress’ “Installed Plugins” page.
- Clicking on the RVListenButton on a page while a voice is playing will now stop it.
- Added support for new standardized shortcode, [RVListenButton].
- Added support for a “voice” parameter for [RVListenButton], which defaults to UK English Female.
- Added support for a “buttontext” parameter for [RVListenButton], which defaults to “Listen to this”.
- Support for voice attribute in shortcode
- This is the initial release of the plugin.